Kelly Wiedemann, a sophomore outside/right side hitter for the Missouri State University-West Plains Grizzly Volleyball team, was named to the Rose City Classic all-tournament team this past weekend at Tyler, Texas.
Wiedemann, West Plains, was one of 12 players, and the only Grizzly, selected for the team.
"Kelly played well, and I'm happy she was recognized," Grizzly Volleyball Head Coach Paula Wiedemann said. "She made an impression on other coaches for being named an all-tournament selection."
Wiedemann recorded 59 kills, four assists, 3.5 blocks, seven aces, 48 digs and 69.5 points earned for the tournament. She also had an attacking percentage of .262 and a passing rating of 2.29.
"She led us offensively in kills, aces, hitting percentage and points, and was second in digs behind our libero," Coach Wiedemann said. "She played consistently game after game, and that makes a difference."
Others receiving all-tournament honors include:
- sophomore middle Deja Arnold and sophomore setter Emily Witt from Navarro College, Corsicana, Texas;
- sophomore outside attackers Breeana Gamueda and Natali Petrova, both of the host team, Tyler Junior College;
- freshman outside attacker Manuela Ibarguen and sophomore outside attacker Aixa Vigil from Polk State College, Winter Haven, Florida;
- sophomore setter Maria Idjilov and sophomore outside attacker MiKayla Ware from Panola College, Carthage, Texas;
- sophomore libero Chloe Darilek, Temple College, Temple, Texas;
- sophomore setter, Allison Hamsher, North Central Texas College, Gainesville;
- sophomore setter Jordan Kellogg, Frank Phillips College, Borger, Texas.
"There are a lot of really good players on this list, and Kelly belongs in this group with how she's been playing," Coach Wiedemann said.
For more information about the Grizzly Volleyball team, including the full schedule, visit its website at https://www.msuwpgrizzlies.com/sports/wvball/index.